The following questions were sent to aldermanic and mayoral candidates prior to the March 1st, 2017 Forum:
- The Ferguson Commission Report asks government to look through a “racial equity lens” in developing policies. Specifically, what does that mean to you?
- How do you plan to use TIF and tax abatement as tools moving forward?
- What other tools are there and how would you use them to address vacancies in our neighborhoods?
- What do you see as the challenges facing K-12 education in the city and what role should aldermen play in supporting/improving K-12 education in the city?
- St. Louis has not adopted a Comprehensive plan for decades and its most recent strategic land use plan was published in 2005. How would you address these lapses?
- What is your plan for development and how do you plan to address vacancies, both vacancies due to abandonment and absentee landowners and vacancies in properties held by speculators?
- Will you pursue a merger with St. Louis County? What are your primary concerns about the process? What are the primary benefits you anticipate?
- What do you see as the challenges facing K-12 education in the City and what is the mayor’s role in supporting/improving K-12 education in the City?
- The City has not adopted a Comprehensive plan for decades and its most recent strategic land use plan was published in 2005. How would you address these lapses?